Artichoke Chicken and Rice
INGREDIENTS- Artichoke Chicken and Rice
• 1 to 1 1/2 pounds chicken breasts halves
• 1/4 cup flour
• 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
• 1 teaspoon paprika
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 1 1/2 cups converted rice
• 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper or pimiento
• 4 green onions, chopped
• 4 ounces mushrooms, sliced
• 1 1/2 cups chicken broth (use bouillon, canned, or base)
• 1 can cream of celery soup, low fat
• 1 can artichokes, quartered and drained
PREPARATION- Artichoke Chicken and Rice
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat the olive oil.
- Combine flour, cheese, salt, pepper, and paprika.
- Dredge chicken in the flour mixture then brown in the hot oil.
- Transfer chicken to the slow cooker. In the hot skillet, saute bell pepper, green onions, and mushrooms for about 2 minutes; add chicken broth and soup, stirring to combine thoroughly; pour over chicken. Stir in rice and artichokes; cover and cook for 5 to 6 hours on low.
Artichoke Chicken and Rice is Ready …