It is now possible to make multiple calls with FaceTime. Long awaited, the feature has finally arrived in iOS 12, the latest version of Apple’s operating system. If you have not made your first steps with Facetime group calls, we’ll see how to proceed in this quick tutorial.
Facetime of group ios 12
iOS 12 is available since mid-September 2018. The new version of the operating system brings several new features, including group calls on Facetime. These calls can accommodate up to 32 participants, enough to hold conferences with a team. FaceTime is finally catching up on some competing applications like Skype.
To make all this a little more fun, the Memoji speakers can be superimposed on their faces. And when a person speaks, his profile square expands to indicate that he has the floor.
How to make Group FaceTime in iOS 12
To make multiple calls with FaceTime, make sure you have upgraded to iOS 12 on your iPhone or iPad.
- Open FaceTime on your iPhone or iPad
- Press the + button in the upper right corner
- Enter the name or number of a contact you want to call
Enter up to 30 additional contacts
Tap the Video or Audio icon to place your FaceTime call
FaceTime calls have always been possible from the Messages app, but only in conversations with a contact. From now on, group messaging threads will have the ability to call everyone in the group conversation. Everyone receives a notification and can join the group call if they wish. Open the Messages app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap a group conversation or create a new one
- Tap on the avatars or profiles of the conversation participants at the top, center
- In the pop-up menu, tap the FaceTime icon to start group video call.